Home Remedies for Vaginal Itching and Burning: Vaginal itching and Burning is the most Irritating and embarrassing health issue a woman would have to face at any stage of her life. Though the itching sensation is universal and can occur due to any reason, we try to control the situation somehow by scratching. But if the itching occurs at any genital parts of women, it’s a genuinely horrific condition as neither can she scratch, nor she can ignore.
However, to ward off this uncomfortable and painful itching, it’s better to find out the solution as soon as possible. Although most of the women try to hide it at first as they do not want to consult a doctor, there are lots of home remedies to treat this vaginal discomfort at the very beginning of the issue. To inform all the preventive home remedies for vaginal irritations, we are here to discuss the methods in detail, so that one could find her solution from the list. Be with us for further information.
What Makes Vaginal Itching and Burning?
Do you ever want to figure out why vaginal itches? Perhaps no, as that moment all you wanted to do is scratch vigorously. The more you scratch itching increases. So scratching is not the solution you are facing right now. Let us find out potentials explanation.
Vaginal Itching Causes:
1. Expose to Irritants:
Vagainail irritation occurs when it comes in touch with external irritants. These irritants may cause an allergic reaction and rash in the area. Some common irritants which the vaginal expose are—
- Chemical ointments or cream.
- Soap and shampoo.
- Toilet paper.
- Body spray.
2. Infection by Yeast:
Yeast and bacteria are such compounds that already exist in a healthy vaginal, but irritation occurs when the balance of bacteria and yeast get disturbed and grow in number. The yeast cell begins to multiply in the amount which causes swelling, itching and irritation in the vaginal area. The perfect ratio between yeast and bacteria can be damaged due to the following reason:
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Lack of proper immunity.
- Hormonal imbalance.
3. Infection Caused by Bacteria:
There are specific beneficial bacteria present in human body. Vaginal has lactobacilli, which is a good bacterium. If by any means the number of these bacteria becomes low, infection occurs with itching and swelling this type of infection is called bacteria vaginal.
4. Trichomonas Vaginalis:
Other than infection from bacteria and fungus there is another type of parasitic protozoon that infects the genetical area. It is one of the most sexually transmitted diseases.
Vaginal itching can start at menopause as the level of estrogens hormone drops to a significant level. As a result, the vaginal wall becomes thin, and irritation occurs in such cases due to vaginal dryness.
6. Lichen Scleroses:
It’s an unusual condition where white patches arise around the vaginal. Post-menopausal women have a high chance to develop this. Also, it can affect any other parts of the body.
- Burning sensation in vagina and vulva.
- White discharge.
- A problem to urinate.
- Unpleasant odour.
- Red Vagina
- •Burning vaginal Pain.
Vagaina is a tube-like sex organ that extends from vulva to cervix. Unlike other body parts, the vagina also has to undergo a lot of changes in different stages of women’s lives. A sense of basic hygiene and awareness is the ultimate way to maintain a healthy vagina. Anyone must take care at the beginning of itching private parts at night. May be any vaginal itching cream can help to kick of the vaginal discomfort at first. But in many cases we ignore them. There are ten effective home remedies which can give you relief from itching inside the vagina.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Being a food preservative it has lots of use in every kitchen and food industry. Beside this, it is a powerful weapon to fight many health issues at home. It kills bacteria and works effectively as a disinfectant. To kick off vaginal irritation, you can use it as a home remedy.
- Two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar.
- One glass of warm water.
- Cotton ball.
How to Use:
Blend the apple cider vinegar with warm water nicely.
- Damp the cotton ball with the liquid and gently wash your vagina.
- Don’t rub it.
- Do it twice a day.
Basil or Tulsi is a common herb that has lots of medicinal properties. As it has antibacterial properties, it has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for years. It contains manganese, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, copper and omega three fatty acids.
How to Use:
- Take 8 to 10 basil leaves.
- Wash them well.
- Boil them with water in a container.
- Strain the water by using a clean strainer
- Allow it to cool down.
- Damp a cotton ball with this basil water.
- Wash your affected area gently.
- Apply it twice a day to get the best result.
3. Tea Tree Oil:
Oils are always useful to get relief from itching and burning skin. Tree o0il is an essential oil that helps to sooth the infected area. It works as an anti-inflammatory and reduces the genital area. It can be used as an alternative medic to cure vaginal and itching at home. Oil also helps to reduce the dryness of the vaginal skin and make it soft and smooth.
How to Use:
- Take few drops of tree tea oil in a small container.
- Add it with a body lotion or any carrier oil like almond oil.
- Mix them well.
- Apply with a clean hand or with a cotton ball on the infected area.
- Don’t apply tea tree oil directly on the itching vagina; always mix it with any lotion or carrier oil.
4. Aloe Vera Gel:
This herb from succulent plant family is a natural remedy to treat wounds, injuries and skin irritations. The leaves are full of gel that has a soothing effect on skin when we are applying it topically. The antioxidants present in the gel helps in the rapid cure.
How to Use:
- Collect aloe vera gel from freshly cut aloe vera leaves.
- Mix it well with a spoon.
- Add few drops of cold milk into it.
- Apply on the itching vagina with a clean cotton swab
- The anti oxidants properties of aloe vera gel and soothing effect of milk will help to reduce the burning sensation instantly.
Yoghurt is a natural product that contains beneficial bacteria. This beneficial bacterium helps to restore the healthy balance of yeast and bacteria in the vagina. Lactobacillus is effective to control the overgrowth of yeast, Candida by hydrogen peroxide. It also helps to smooth the itching skin with its creamy layers.
How to use:
- Take two tea spoon of plain yoghurt without any added sugar.
- You can freeze the yoghurt before use to combat the burning sensation.
- Beat the yoghurt well and apply with lean hand on the vaginal area.
- You can also cover clean clothes or tampons with yoghurt and place it over the vagina. Keep it overnight to get the best result.
6. Oregano oil:
Oregano oil is the best oil to inhibit the growth of Candida the yeast that causes the infection in the vagina. It is antifungal and antibacterial, and so it prevents the burning vaginal pain by creating a smooth effect. Moreover, it has a huge amount of carvacrol and other natural nutrients which helps o fight fungal infection.
How to use:
- Take one teaspoonful oregano oil. Dilute it with water or olive oil.
- Apply it with a cotton swab in the itching area.
- Stay with it for few minutes and then wash off.
- Do it daily.
7. Boric Acid and Coconut Oil:
Boric acid and coconut oil both are very familiar ingredients in every home and to cure small wounds or infection we can use a mixture of the two. Both are antibacterial by nature, and coconut oil can prevent fungal infection and helps to lower the itching sensation with its soothing oily effect. Also, the oil content reduces the harshness and dryness of the area.
How to use:
- Take one spoonful of virgin coconut oil and make it little warm.
- Add two pinches of boric powder into it and make a smooth paste.
- Apply with a cotton swab like an ointment.
8. Neem Oil:
Neem oil is extracted from the small fruits of the Neem tree. It contains two components, Azadirachtin and triterpenoid, which are antifungal. It is non-toxic and safe to use externally. The antiseptic properties help to reduce the redness and itching sensation in the vagina on the application topically.
How to use:
- Buy Neem oil from any drug store or online.
- Take a cotton ball and pour two drops of Neem oil on it.
- Gently apply to the area.
- Apply twice a day.
- The fatty acid and Vitamin E helps to repair the dry, itchy skin.
9. Use Of Kefir:
It is a type of dairy product made from yoghurt. It contains probiotics which are helpful to fight against the yeast infection. There are Lactobacillus and Bifidus in kefir which is probiotic bacteria that helps to reduce the infection and inflammation in the genital area caused by harmful bacteria and yeast.
How to use:
- Cover a tampon with kefir.
- Place it on the vagina.
- Keep it for two to three hours.
- Wash off with water and soft piece of cloth.
10. Anti Fungal Cream Or Lotion:
Clotrimazole or ketoconazole type of cream is capable of killing the bacteria that cause itching in the genital area. So if you don’t have time for trying any other option, you can apply any of the two locally to get rid of your discomfort.
How to use:
All the ointment comes with a self-applicator to use. It is very easy to apply without much effort.
- Avoid using scented Pad.
- Always maintain the basic hygiene.
- Don’t Use harsh soap or detergent to clean the vagina
- Wear loose fittings bottom wear.
- No undergarments during sleeping will help your vagina to stay dry and breathe.
- keep your genital area dry.
So, we hope the above discussion about the cure for vaginal itching and burning will be helpful enough to solve your discomforts at night. If you find your symptoms are continuing, then you must consult a doctor for further investigation.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!